Saturday, October 15, 2011

Friday Finisher : October 14th, 2011

This Friday Finisher is a bit late, something for which I apologize. It may be Saturday now, but I'm betting that it's Sunday somewhere. Like Australia. So here's my Saturday/Sunday Finisher.

-----------


My last blog post was about Steve Jobs, about a month ago. Sadly, he passed away, in case you hadn't heard. The internet tends to go a bit crazy for anyone of importance who passed away, but in the case of Steve Jobs, who basically brought people to the internet, he's everywhere on the web. From what I've read, the fact that he knew he was going to die soon actually changed his life, and he in fact tried to live every day as if it were his last. And it turns out he had some pretty brilliant things to say. And here's a list.


-----------

I've taken tests (online tests which seem to be legitimate, I can't say for sure) to determine if I'm more left or right brained. When both were described to me, I wasn't able to pin point if I was left or right, as it seemed that I had both. And then I found this. Mercedes has put together ads of a brain. I couldn't decide from looking at these pictures, but it turns out I'm 60% left brained, and 40% right brained.


-----------

The only thing better than cookies or ice cream, is cookies with ice cream inside. Perhaps the cookie in a bowl shape, with the ice cream waiting inside. It could be eaten like a cupcake, or like a bowl of ice cream. I don't know why someone hasn't popularized this yet. 

-----------

And lastly, a video. There's this thing that happens when we can't understand a language, speakers of that language seem to talk really fast, and we have no idea what they are talking about. It goes the other way too, if we understand the language, we can't listen to it without comprehending it. So it makes it difficult to listen to English as if we can't understand what's being said. However, Australian director Brian Fairbairn made a short film for us to hopefully experience that. I understood some of it, but on the whole, I have no idea what it's about, and just when I thought the couple got mad at each other, the woman came out of the kitchen with sparklers, and not to burn down the house, despite the look on her face. And if you want more "English" you can't understand, here's another.

No comments:

Post a Comment