Thursday, January 26, 2012

Creative Research

Since about the beginning of last year, I knew I would start a blog. Then started the months of trying to brainstorm a name, figure out my purpose for the blog, and finally writing my first post. And though my views of this blog have changed from when I first conceived the idea or when I first posted, I think they've greatly changed, but in a good way. I hope that this blog gets better as time goes by, that more people read it, and more feedback happens. 


"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." 
-Charles Caleb Colton


"Research is creating new knowledge."
-Neil Armstrong


Those two ideas have presided over my blog since the beginning, and probably always will. I knew little about the blogosphere when I entered, and am continuing to learn more and more. I've posted about other blogs that I love, but am now realizing that was a bit preemptive. In reality, I need a post highlighting my favorite blogs every week. 


And if I were to make a list this week, it would contain one I've blogged about previously. 

Little Brown Pen is a fabulous blog. 

After deciding that I would commit to photography for the year, I can appreciate the photographs she puts on her blog that much more. Many times she had a leg up on the competition by having the city of Paris to photograph, but regardless, her pictures are flawless. 

I bought one of her postcard sets - a set of 9 postcards all featuring a certain color - for Christmas and was hugely impressed with everything that had to do with ordering her products. Price, quality, thank you note inside and customer service blew me away. So I went back. And bought a 2012 calendar. 

I saw a video she and her husband did to make this calendar, and not going to lie, I considered doing this instead of buying the calendar I bought.


It's individual photographs of numbers and letters put together to create a unique and personal calendar. Every month, you take it apart and reassemble the photographs into the correct calendar. That may be a project I have to do before the year is over. 

And then I had to hang my new purchase. 

Hemp, tape, and a nail. One of my photos of the day.

So far, I'm pleased with my blog. I am also here to admit that it wouldn't be even a fraction of what it is today without the Creative Research I've done by reading countless other blogs and seeing thousands of photographs of others. Maybe I'll do a favorite blog post more often, some of these people are amazing. 

To some, surfing the internet is a waste of time, but to me, it's Creative Research.

"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely."
-Auguste Rodin

No comments:

Post a Comment