Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions: Part II

By now, you've surely read my previous post about resolutions. If not, feel free. 

You've also surely read this post about my new possession. This year, I've made a new resolution. I still haven't had soda, but that's just habit, nothing premeditated. In honor of my new camera, I've decided my New Year's Resolution of 2012 is to take a photograph everyday. For some reason, this seems like a giant commitment, and I'm already thinking about how many times it would be acceptable to miss a day. But taking one picture each day can't be that hard, so I'm going for it. 

I've given myself a few guidelines:
  • Photos can be taken with either my Nikon D5100 or my cell phone
  • Sunset photos are to be scarce
  • Editing is allowed, but like most things, it may not detract from the integrity of the photo

I'll be uploading my favorites on here, but don't want this blog to become a conglomeration of pictures. If you'd like to follow my 365 Project, you may do so here. Some people have fabulous 365 projects, but don't do any comparing. My sunset picture from the sidelines at soccer practice is just as good as the macro pictures of the wasps on their hive. Give me a year. Then they'll be that good.

January 1, 2012
My view when the time changed from 2011 to 2012. Shoutout to the for sale sign, which was too difficult to Photoshop out. Just don't focus on it.

January 2, 2012
Barnes and Noble and a palm tree. What you can't see is the line of lit palm trees behind me. Which encompasses two of things I love: Plant Life In Lines & Plant Life Lit At Night. Those posts to come.

January 3, 2012
Stairs that would please a modernist.

January 4, 2012
Don't worry. I've already put a limit on my sunset picture taking. Probably not even every week. Thank you to the phone for this high quality photograph.

January 5, 2012
I don't know on what this paper was placed in order to get these indentations, but I found the pattern very interesting.

 January 6, 2012
The wall at the restaurant I ate dinner. My phone can be creative with its editing process sometimes.


January 7, 2012
A cactus near some power lines. Actually, near a lot of power lines. I decided not to include the rest, they were a little over powering. Pun intended.



No comments:

Post a Comment