Saturday, August 11, 2012

Friday Finisher: August 10th, 2012

With the Olympics coming to a close sooner than I would like them to, I thought I would reminisce about the opening ceremonies. While I was very impressed with the pomp and circumstance of the entire thing, one moment stuck out in my mind. When seven young athletes were bringing in the torches, running towards their mentors, Caliban's Dream was playing. And because NBC likes to have commentators speaking at every moment, it took me a while to find out what song this was without Shazaming it. My new favorite song.


-----------

My favorite new photoblog: Underground New York Public Library. Candid photos of people I can only characterize as intellectuals, because they're reading on the subway in New York. Of all the things to do, though I'm not sure about cell reception in the tube, I respect everything about these people and this blog. 

-----------

Need some time to relax? Calm.com can do that for you. 


-----------

I think this is what the internet should have been designed for. A multicolor search engine, to play with colors, photos, and imagination.


-----------

I came across this video last night, and watched it, plus many others. I love the animation, much more interesting than watching someone hold a remote and walk across a stage. Learn about how humans can view time.



-----------

I first came across this essay reading Kelle Hampton's blog, but have come to realize it's about so much more than children with disabilities. It's about expectations, reactions, and finding joy in life. Welcome to Holland.

-----------

Enjoy your week my friends! Last week of summer for me...then back down to business. 


No comments:

Post a Comment