Tuesday, June 10, 2014

24 hours

24 hours that I thought would take forever and a day, but surprisingly passed by pretty quickly.

Turns out flying to Asia is no small feat, and it takes a bit of time. I left Phoenix at 9:45am Monday (local time), and landed in Singapore at 12:15am Wednesday (local time). The time that passed between those times, however, that's basically the twilight zone and I'm not really sure what I did during it or for how long. I know I ate a slept and watched some movies. The only redeeming quality of a two hour flight followed by an 11 hour flight followed by a 7 hour flight was the fact that I was in the window seat for all three and the middle seat in both long flights was empty, leaving me more space than I was expecting. 

Next to me (across the canyon that was an empty middle seat, that is) on the San Francisco to Tokyo flight was a very enthusiastic girl named Karen, who was on her way to the Philippines, ad was absolutely thrilled about that. She was perfect, because every time I looked out the window and realized I was going to Asia, she got excited with me. She had advice, and I asked her about basically every aspect of her life, and she seemed to enjoy it, so I was thankful for that. 

I didn't have a TV in the seat in front of my on the San Francisco to Tokyo flight, and while that seemed like it would be annoying, Karen and I got over that when we started watching the Lego Movie halfway through with no sound, and narrating as we went. I'm sure everyone around us appreciated that. 

I spent about 20 minutes in the Tokyo airport, and because my flight before that had been delayed, by the time I got to my gate, they were doing the last call for people to get on, so I walked right onto a half empty flight. Didn't bother me one bit. On that flight I did had a TV on the seat in front of me, and started one movie, got bored after 15 minutes, watched half an hour of the middle of another movie that I started about 3 months ago, and then I fell asleep. I'm great at focusing. 

Then I got here! (And was met with a lot of excitement, thank you Hannah.)





Hour 923 probably.
Tokyo!
This is me being excited in the Tokyo airport just because I was in Asia.

Inflatable neck pillows for the win.

I landed in Singapore! (Finally.)

Changi Airport in Singapore


No comments:

Post a Comment